Colby and Awu – Change the World
On November 15, 2012 Karen Dunning and One Piece of Peace announced winners Colby Jeffers and Awu Donson for their original song Change the World.
Change the World, written, produced, and performed by Colby and Awu, won because it epitomizes the belief world peace is possible, and adds to the peace and beauty of our world. Their uplifting song is professionally crafted, heartfelt, and inspires all humankind to come together in peace. Colby and Awu have the talent to create music to unite our world.
Colby, from the United States, and Awu, from Cameroon, Africa, met through their volunteerism with the African environmental NGO “The Greens.” They share a passion for using music positively to build peace, love, and unity, and to ultimately make the world a better place. Their meaningful lyrics, unique rap flow, beautiful vocals, and catchy beats mix together to create a sound that uplifts and inspires their listeners. They have the type of music that the next generation is thirsty for.
Change the World vision statement – This song aims to inspire each and every member of humanity to come together, do some good, and make a positive change in the world!
One Piece of Peace is sponsoring a $500 Peace Song Contest.
Contestants from around the world are invited to submit up to three original songs.
Winner of the contest will receive $500 and have their peace song professionally recorded (both in audio and video formats) by TRI. Songs will then be promoted on the internet.
- Songs must be original both in terms of music and lyrics
- Submit Songs in mp3 format up to 20mg/song to: PeaceSongContest At OnePieceOfPeace.com by October 31, 2012
- The $500 winning song will be announced on Nov. 15, 2012
- TRI Studios in San Rafael, CA will professionally produce both an audio and video version of the winning song. TRI is owned by Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead.
- Artists are responsible for their own transportation and lodging expenses.
- One Piece of Peace will promote the winning song (and selected runner-up songs) on the internet.
- Artists retain rights to their songs and grant One Piece of Peace rights to play these songs on its website.
- One Piece of Peace may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.
One Piece of Peace was founded by Karen Dunning to contribute more peace to our beautiful world by creating positive images through music and song.